I know, a detox sounds intimidating. But it really isn’t. If you must, think of it has a stepping stone to healthier eating rather than a “detox”. Still not helping? Here are the 5 reasons that I do it. These aren’t things I’ve read about – this is what I’ve actually experienced.
1. Energy. That is the single biggest benefit I’ve experienced from any detox I’ve done. So much so that I wonder why I get off the healthy eating train.
If you can only experience that amount of energy once, you’ll want to keep trying to find it again.
2. Clarity. Do you have a muddled brain, find it hard to concentrate? I do quite often. The mental clarity when your body is eating healthy food is amazing. It’s like putting on a new pair of glasses – the world just looks so much clearer. I know the detox is working when I start cleaning everything like mad!
3. Sleep. When I am on a detox, my sleep patterns are more natural. I get tired at night, I wake up earlier (and don’t feel as much like staying in bed). And I sleep through the night.
4. Feel happier. Yes, my mood gets better. Just ask anyone who has been on my team while I’ve done one of my detoxes. I smile more and am just overall happier. My dogs and partner sure appreciate it!
5. My skin glows. Wheat and dairy cause me to break out. So attractive when you’re and adult, isn’t it? I’ve been told many times on a detox that my skin is glowing. So doesn’t that make you feel better, happier as well?
Hmmm….these are things I need to remind myself about more often. Now they’re in black & white, I’ve got a constant reminder of why I need to be healthier.
I bet you thought I’d say lose weight, right! I have lost weight, but that has been to me just an added benefit. If I feel better, it’s way easier to lose weight along the way. And if my motivation is to feel better, I’m much more likely to keep the bigger picture in mind.
What are your reasons? Would love to hear them!